I AM ~ Lesson 6 “West Side of the Wilderness”
This week’s study was great! I thank God for the ‘burning bush’ moments in my life. Yet, I also thank Him for the times I’ve had to be ‘decidedly content’! Every day is a journey toward greater closeness and likeness to the Father.
If’ you’d like to read the lesson from today please go here. The “I AM” link on the side bar of my blog will take you to the entire study. Please check it out!
Here are this weeks questions:
1. How current is your God? Is he up to date on all your issues or do you have old hurts you still hold behind your back? I don’t think I have ‘old hurts’. Now, of course I still deal with some things from my past, mainly just attitudes I have about myself, but God is continuously working on me in that area. I have to remember that my worth is in what He thinks of me! I am constantly bringing things to Him and letting Him be present/current in my everyday life.
2. Has the enemy ever told you there are situations that are ‘old news’ that are better left stuffed down? Or perhaps because they were so long ago they can’t possibly be affecting you now? Oh yes, things like to creep up on me! All of a sudden something pops into my head that I haven’t thought about in years. I have to chose to either let it bother me or just bring it to the Lord and let Him handle it.
3. In the matter of established authority, does God truly reign in your life? Where are you when He calls your name? He does truly reign in my life! I desire to say “Here I am!” when He calls! I want to be listening closely to hear my name!
4. Do you ever feel God has forgotten you in your ‘west side of the wilderness’? Sometimes being a stay at home mom I kind of feel like I’m always in the wilderness alone 🙂 ! I think it’s important to remember that if we daily follow in His footsteps and chose to do His will, we are doing something great in the eye’s of God. I know I have been at places where I felt like God was a billion miles away, but I can always see Him when I look back at the situation. Those are usually times of growth and change and sometimes it takes that to draw us closer to Him.
5. Have you ever experienced a time of cleansing where God has illuminated and rejuvenated you? If not, do you find you are in need of this now? Yes! And wow aren’t those times awesome! I love how God shows up and out at just the right time. He knows what we need and when we need it. It’s breathtaking to be in the presence of the Lord and truly experience it!