Below are this week’s discussion questions. I think the biggest thing that spoke to me from this lesson is that we are inadequate but, Praise God, He isn’t! God chooses to use His children, no matter who they are or what they do, to do His work. We can be a part of His kingdom work! From Moses, we can learn to just say ‘Yes!’ to God and leave the details up to Him! Click here to read this lesson from The Preacher’s Wife online Bible study or go to the “I AM” icon on my side bar!
1. How would you answer the questions, “Who Am I?” Wow, that is a loaded question! First, I am a daughter of the King! I am a wife and mother. I am a daughter, sister and friend. I pray that I can be an instrument of God!
2. Have you ever been in a situation where you felt inadequate because of your lack of a ‘tagline‘? Haha.. yes! I don’t even want to think about what my ‘tagline‘ would be!
3. Do you have skills or position that you believe God could use mightily if only He would? No, I believe that He knows what He’s doing! I need to always make sure that I am listening to Him though. I fail, He doesn’t!
4. Have you ever lost a position or station in life you believe could have ‘helped God out’ with something He has asked you to do? Nope, I am learning more and more everyday that I just make a big mess of things when I try to help God! If you haven’t lost out, do you perhaps feel you have to gain this in order to be useful to the Kingdom? No.
5. How are you with your dialogue vs. doubt conversations with God? Which does God hear most from you? I try to always acknowledge God’s sovereignty in my life. He sees the big picture. He knows. That 2 word sentence is such great comfort! God knows! In doing this, I am trying to avoid doubt in Him and what He wants to do through me.
6. Do you believe God’s Wonders become more wonderful if they originate in the ordinary? Any Scripture references come to mind? Isn’t it amazing that God uses the ordinary to complete His great works! The first thing that came to mind… it being the Christmas season and all.. is Mary! He used an ordinary girl to carry His Son! Now, she wasn’t ordinary as far as her virtues, I’m sure. But as far as her being an ordinary woman who had fears and uncertainty; she was definitely that!