1. Have you ever been in a situation where you had to ‘go back’ to a place of shame or ridicule? How did that make you feel? Yes, sometimes ‘those’ things in my past like to come to mind. But I’ve been learning a lot lately about how to break free from those things (I’m almost finished reading Breaking Free by Beth Moore! Love it!).
2. Is there any circumstance in your life that still has you running for cover? Share if you feel comfortable. No, not a particular circumstance but I do struggle with things of course. The crazy thing about life is that there will always be ‘circumstances’ and right now I’m learning how to deal with those circumstances. I think that best thing is to remember that our life as Christians is to bring Him glory! At least that helps me out when I’m in a bind.. that is, to remember that it’s not about me anyway! Even in the discouraging and even messy parts of life, God deserves the glory and we should be looking for ways for Him to get it! Sometimes that is easier said than done in the midst of turmoil but it helps me put things into prospective when I remember what everything really is all about… HIM!!
3. When is the last time you felt like an overcomer? Last week! I have not (yet) blogged about much of my ‘struggles’ but maybe one day I will. I won’t go into much detail here but I will say that I deal with one thing almost on a weekly basis: FEAR! Irrational fear. I have overcome a lot in that area thanks to God’s peace but I still deal with it a lot. Every situation that I make it through, I consider as a situation that I have overcome! And I definitely know that it is not of my own power, Praise God!!! (or I’d be in one of those insane asylums Lisa mentioned in the study!)
4. If you have not yet taken the serpent by the tail, are you willing to stop running, take hold and trust God to transform it into a tool for wonders? I’m not sure I have ‘taken the serpent by the tail’ yet but I want to!!! I want God to use every part of my life! That is my desire!! I think it’s exciting to see someone like Moses, who we often think of being so strong and courageous, show his weaknesses. It reminds me of the verse that says that in our weaknesses, He is strong! And that definitely is the case in Moses’ situation!
5. I would like for you to write down this statement based on 1 John 2:14 somewhere you will see it often this week: “I am strong, the Word of God abides in me, and I have overcome the evil one.” Memorize it. Say it over and over until you believe it. Will you do this?? Most of the time, there are no right or wrong answers, but on this one, I’m expecting a ‘yes’! Sure!! I’ll put it above my sink by the window where I put other verses that I’m *trying* to memorize. You know.. that’s where I spend a lot of my time… at the sink! 🙂