Here are a few links that I wanted to share!
1. Yep, I’m giving myself link love… I’ve mentioned a few times that I was going to be doing a weight loss challenge for myself soon.. if you want to read about it, go HERE!
2. I recently found this blog, Heavenly Homemakers, and I love it! I highly recommend spending some time just browsing around. There are lots of recipes! I love her emphasis on healthy, real food, eating. I’m sure I’ll be sharing more things that I find there but here is a post the author, Laura, wrote on homeschooling titled ‘Homeschool Hubbub: Am I Qualified to Teach?’ It was such an encouragement to me!
3. I forgot to link up the recipe I’m using for my BBQ meatballs. So, here it is. It’s from the Pioneer Woman so I’m sure they will be great! And my menu said we were going to have it with green beans, but I forgot the gb’s when I grocery shopped… but my mom gave us some broccoli last night! Isn’t it amazing how God provides!? So, I’m thinking broccoli and cheese sauce.. or maybe a broccoli salad.. hmm.
4. This is another recent find: Totally Tots. It’s a great (and huge) resource for lots of preschool activities. It was developed by a mom who wasn’t really sure what to do with her Tot while she homeschooled her older children. I’ve gotten great ideas from it and we even did this activity Tuesday afternoon. And I just looked at the post today. CUTE! I cannot tell you how excited this kind of stuff makes me! She also has a few other websites that you can find here. My favorite thing is that she gives tons of ways to incorporate Scripture and Bible stories into learning. Hello! That is what it is all about!
5. And on a more serious note… I read an article on the Desiring God blog entitled, What Happens to Infants Who Die? There you can read the transcript of the video or watch the video, where Piper answers that very question. I share his opinion for the biblical reasons he gives as well as other reasons (here is a blog post by my pastor). It definitely debunks the lie that is so often told (even in my very hometown) that Calvinists believe infants who die go to hell. Oh, there are so many lies told and so many things very misunderstood. But that is for another time and place.
6. Speaking of Calvinist, my pastor has a blog! What a way to segue, right? And I had no idea that his most recent post would be on that very subject! Go read it! Seriously, check it out! Maybe it will debunk some more myths, clear some confusion and give better understanding!
And I’d like to end on a lovely note.
“Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends…” 1 Cor. 13:4-8a