Here are a few good links I wanted to share with you!
1. Here is a link to a video made up of pictures from the flood in Nashville. It really shows the devastation. But I think, more importantly it proves what a classy city Nashville is. The quotes in the video are from this article entitled “We Are Nashville” by Patten Fuqua. My favorite quote: “A large part of the reason that we are being ignored is because of who we are. Think about that for just a second. Did you hear about looting? Did you hear about crime sprees? No…you didn’t. You heard about people pulling their neighbors off of rooftops. You saw a group of people trying to move two horses to higher ground. No…we didn’t loot. Our biggest warning was, “Don’t play in the floodwater.” When you think about it…that speaks a lot for our city. A large portion of why we were being ignored was that we weren’t doing anything to draw attention to ourselves. We were handling it on our own.” I applaud you Nashville, and my prayers are with you!
2. Remember before you had children? I know I do. And I know I thought I had all (or at least most) of the answers! Having my own children quickly taught me that I didn’t know much of anything! Thank goodness for grace! Laura at Heavenly Homemakers wrote a terrific post, I Knew So Much Before I had Kids, on that very subject. It’s funny and oh so true!
3. I love Bakerella! Love! She posted these a few days ago and they look so yummy! I haven’t tried them out, yet. But I will. Just go look at the photos! You’ll want to make them too!
4. It’s time for bugs, right? Especially pesky mosquitoes! Yuck! I’ve never felt comfortable spraying my kiddos down with DEET but I never could afford to pay the price (and shipping) to order an all natural brand. Well, I found All Terrain Kid’s Herbal Armor at Target the other day. We’ve been using it in the evenings on the kids and ourselves and it seems to work really well!
5. I’m a big John MacArthur fan! And yesterday’s Q&A with Johnny Mac was “Judging Others: The Verse Pagans Love to Quote”. Sadly, many Christians misquote this verse as well. I think it’s so very important to understand what Scripture really means. Don’t get me wrong, the Bible speaks for itself, but sometimes it’s nice to have gifted commentators on God’s Word to help some of us (ME!) out! Click on Read From the Commentary for MacArthur’s notes on this oft misquoted passage.
Have a great weekend!