Look at that sweet little thing. This was taken a week ago on our sonogram appointment. Everything looked great! We could see and hear his or her little heart beating. The heart rate was 164, nice and strong!  Our official due date is Feb 20th, 2013. I had already figured that out and the baby measured exactly at what I had figured! I had some anxiety leading up to this appointment, for obvious reasons, but in reality I was much calmer than I expected. God has just been so good to me in helping me stay calm. I am so thankful for that. I’m ready to be out of the 1st trimester though! For more reasons than one! 🙂

I’m already thinking about delivery. As many of you know my last two deliveries were c-sections. And you know that I tried with Eli to have him. That is called attempting a VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean). Well, I’ve been contemplating trying the same. I have been praying about it for some time and even prayed that if it were a possibility that my hubby would bring it up. And you know what? He did! I almost started crying! We had talked the past year about just going ahead with a 3rd c-section whenever I got pregnant and not dealing with trying again. For him to bring it up out of the blue was truly an answered prayer. But it’s not that easy. Most doctors will not let you try for a VBAC after one c-section much less two. It is a ‘higher risk’ situation although the risks are not greater than any other surgery (umm.. like a cesarean). The risk is that there could be uterine rupture and that would require immediate emergency care. Chance of uterine rupture is very low, something like 0.9%. The American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists updated their guidelines which states that women who’ve had up to two cesareans- including those having twins-  can attempt a vaginal delivery, as long as the prior incision was low and horizontal (mine both were). Round-the clock access to emergency care is required to try a VBAC, as well. So, what am I saying? I ask you to pray for me. Pray for this decision. I honestly don’t want to try and fail again. It’s such a depressing thing to go through. I know I can’t be guaranteed that it will work but I want to have the guarantee that it’s the right choice for me. The hardest thing is going to be convincing my doctor and if I can do that, I’ll be more confident that this is the right direction. So pray for clarity and pray for my doctor. I haven’t brought it up to him yet and I am scared! He’s already mentioned repeat c/section and pregnancy prevention since this will be my 3rd c/s. That makes me sad because what if I want more kids?! If I could successfully have a VBAC, I could for sure have more children and my doctor would be more confident of that as well.

How am I feeling? Yucky. All food sounds gross but I get super hungry and have to eat! I’m having a hard time drinking my water. Ew, it’s so gross! I am exhausted. The afternoons are the worst. I pretty much lay around and do nothing. My motto right now is if we have clean clothes (even if they are piled on the love seat), clean dishes and food, we will survive! I’m praying that this will all end soon. With Eli, it started easing up around 11 weeks. I’ll be 9 weeks tomorrow! 🙂

I give thanks for the blessings granted to me through the prayers of many (2 Corinthians 1:11)! Thank you!